Japan Sake and Shochu Makers Associaion(JSS)in IFE China 2016
Japan Sake and Shochu Makers Associaion(JSS) Have Confirmed Their Participation in IFE The 16th China International Food and Guangzhou Import Food Exhibition 2016
The Japan Sake and Shochu Makers Association was established pursuant to the Japanese Act on Securing of Liquor Tax and on Liquor Business Associations (Act No. 7, enacted on February 28, 1953, last revised in 2006 as Act No. 10). It aims to secure government revenue from liquor taxation and ensure safe and secure liquor business transactions.
An Introduction to JAPANESE SHOCHU
Like whiskey, brandy and vodka, Japanese Shochu is a distilled spirit.
In particular, Honkaku Shochu and Awamori are made from grains and tubers, mainly sweet potato varieties and potatoes, grown in Japan's rich and varied climate, carefully fermented by koji (fermenting agent) and distilled in Japan. They have earned the appellation “KOKUSHU”: national alcoholic spirit because they embody the essence of Japan.Their distinctive deliciousness ensures their enduring popularity in Japan.
1. Chuko Awamori Distillery Co., Ltd.
Established in 1949. Chuko is named after the founding family. Dedicated in its company policy ~ Succession and Revolution of Awamori Culture~. Company is trying to research the ancient production methods of Awamori and revive of it.
1) Chuko Genshu 3years old 720ml 43%: Using locally-grown Mango fruit yeast and aged for 3 years. Vanilla like flavor and typical Ku-su sweetness.
2) Chuko Yokkakoji 720ml 43%: Koji-making process takes 4 days, usually 2 days, which brings a brand-new taste of Awamori. High in alcohol, yet fruity flavor with pear-like aroma.
3) Chuko Gold Premium 720ml 30%: Blended with 6% of 10 years old Ku-su, 63 % of 3 years old(Mango fruit yeast) and 31% of regular awamori. Complex of each Awamori flavor are well-balanced. Fresh and honey-like sweetness.
2.Himeizumi & Co., Ltd.
Located in the north part of Miyazaki prefecture.Produces Imo (Sweet potato), Mugi(Barley), Kome(Rice) and Soba(buckwheat) Shochu. Established in 1831 and current president is 7th generation. All process are done by hands.
1) Imo Shochu Muroka Gohei Kohun 720ml 25 %: Produced by locally-grown sweet potato(Beniharuka) thru non-filtration methods, which bring a real taste and sweetness of sweet potato itself.
2) Imo Shochu Muroka Gohei Genshu 500ml 38 %: Produced by locally-grown sweet potato(Kogane Sengan) thru non-filtration methods. This is crude shochu of higher alcohol.
3) Mugi Shochu Zenryoukurokouji-jikomi Nanadaime Himeno 900ml 23%: Produced by locally-grown Mugi(barley) and black koji, which brings a deep aroma and taste.
4) Mugi Shochu Yukyu-no-kura 720ml 25%: